Wednesday, March 11, 2015

 
 

Small Shrines and Dioramas

 
 

 
Supplies Needed:
Small Jewelry Boxes or Tins
(approx. size is 2.5x3.5 inches)
Collage Sheets:
and glue sticks
Double stick mount tape (squares)
Scissors, Ruler, Pencil, Glitter etc.
 
HOW TO:
 
Small Green Girl
 

I fussy cut the girl out, and wrapped the box in
lime green tissue paper. To give the girl some
depth I added a couple of squares of mount to
her back.  I then added the German Scrap to
give the feel of a garden setting.
A few small things like butterflies and flowers
make this a nice home for her. She is at home
in her garden or on her way to a St. Patrick's party!
 
Fairy with Flower
 

 
This fairy is particularly sweet. She is delicate and
really need a soft and cozy place to reside.  I
wrapped the box in printed tissue paper, and
printed two (2) images of her.  I cut the first image
to the size of the box, and fussy cut the second copy
of just the fairy.  I added the mount tape and placed
it directly on top the first copy of the fairy, this adds
dimension and give a bit of a shadow.  I put glitter
on her wings and her flower.  I placed a large
German Scrap  medallion on the back side to give
a regal feel to her home. 
 
 
Woodland Fairy  
 


I once again printed two images of this fairy, fussy cutting one
of them.  I covered the box in tissue
paper, and added some moss to the bottom and placed the
butterflies on it.  I placed a band of German Scrap  to the
top making an round shape that lets light in and highlights
the fairy and her butterflies.
 

I hope everyone gives this small shrines a try!
Please come visit the AlteredPages Artsociates page
on Facebook and show us your pretty creations! And please
remember to check out the Mail Box Muse kits!!

Corinne Marie




 

 
 
 
 
 

 



2 comments:

  1. you have thoroughly inspired me with these gorgeous little diorama/shrines. i must follow this inspiration and make some of these for myself! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Michele!! They are fun and addicting!!

      Delete