Wednesday, March 25, 2015

 
 
 
Collage in Blue
 
 
One of my very favorite things to do is collage. I love paper and images.
And Altered Pages has lots to chose from when it come to images!
I especially love the color groupings they have. 
For this collage I used pieces of chipboard that I have around,
and decided on BLUE as its is one of my favorite colors.
And included lots of German Scrap for some bling!
 
The first step is to gather all the materials you will need.
I like having it all around me, so I can have lots to pick from.
I begin by doing the smaller collages on smaller pieces of
chipboard.  (Around an ATC size)  I had already selected
the larger piece in the middle.  This is one of my own
digital collages. (yes I love digital collage too) 
So I started to construct the full piece with the digital
collage in the middle. There are three larger pieces
underneath as the foundation that holds the rest of the
collage.   These pieces have just a general background color.

Now you start to layer your collage with images that speak to you!
I try placing the images around, and keep doing it until I like it.
I also go around the final collage with ink...to finish it off.
I finally add the German Scrap and its complete!
And if you feel overwhelmed at the size....start SMALL.
The example above is the size of an ATC.
(it includes an inchie for texture!)
 
Keep going and keep trying different combinations of images to achieve
the look you like. Once you have all the individual pieces you can glue
them to the three foundation chipboards.
 
I hope you give this a try!! And once again please
come visit Facebook AlteredPages Artsociates page and
show us your creations!!
 
SUPPLIES:
Collage sheets:
Chipboard or some firm foundation material
Scrapbook papers for backgrounds
(that matches your color scheme)
and Glue sticks
Ink pads
 
 
A few more examples:
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment