Saturday, April 4, 2015

 
 
 
 
Spring is the Beginning
 
Banner
 
 
 
 
Spring is a great time to celebrate for many reasons.
One of the best ways to express this time is with a
handmade banner.  This banner represents Easter, and
Springtime.  Made with Altered Pages sweet Easter and
Spring collage sheets, it is very welcoming and bright.
 
You begin with a 5x7 inch piece of scrapbook paper. I double
the banner to give it a sturdy foundation.  I then but the "V"
shape to make the banner flag.  I make three of these, and
you can either make them all the same or different.
 
 
Then of course you collage!  I have use several images from the
listing of Altered Pages collage sheets listed below.
I add gold hearts, and sayings to each banner.  I punch
holes around one inch in from edge of banner and just 1/2 inch
down from top.  I thread jute or you can use anything you like to
create hanger. Finally I created small word tags to add with Gelato's
and Stencil 1 sayings.
I hope you give this a try, and not just for
Easter or Springtime -- works for all times of the year!
Thanks for taking a look, and as always come on over
to AlteredPages Artsociates  Facebook page and show us
you work, we would love to see!
 
Until next time:  
 
SUPPLIES:
Collage Sheets:
Scrapbook paper
Ribbon etc.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment